Who doesn’t like you to have a toned and beach-ready body? If you are dying to have 6-pack abs, drool-worthy arms, and well-toned legs, we have got you covered.
Say goodbye to the stubborn fat hanging around your body with these 10-easy home exercises. All you need is perseverance and disciple to get rid of the extra pounds. Keep in mind that you always need to start with the basics, especially if you are new to exercise.
Let’s take a look at the 10-best home exercises to lose fat fast:
1. Abdominal Crunches
Crunches are a popular exercise to tone your abs and they will help you get a flatter stomach if you do them in combination with other exercises and a calorie-controlled diet.
To do crunches:
- Lie straight on the back. Keep your legs hip-width apart and bend the knees.
- Keep both of your hands behind the head with elbows wide open on both sides.
- Engage your core muscles, take a deep breath, and lift your upper body. Make sure your head is back, and you are not pulling on your neck.
- Do 20 repetitions.
Squats is one of the most versatile exercises as it targets muscles of the lower body, including quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, calves, and abdominal muscles and helps in losing all the extra fat from these areas while giving you a well-toned posterior and legs.
To do squats:
- Stand straight while keeping your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Stretch out the arms in the front. It will help you balance your body while performing the exercise.
- Now, keeping your back straight and engage your core, lower your body until you reach a point where your thighs are parallel with the ground. Make sure your knees do not go beyond your toes.
- Stand up while exhaling.
- Do 15 to 20 repetitions.
Plank is a strength exercise, but it also helps in burning calories. A 150-pound person burns 3-calories by holding a plank for a minute. However, if you hold it for a longer time, you will burn more calories. For most fitness enthusiasts, it is an exercise that requires a lot of patience. However, the results speak for itself.
A plank doesn’t just work abdominal muscles but also core muscles, running from pelvis along your spine up to your shoulder girdle. It strengthens the core, improves balance, stability, and posture.
To do a plank:
- Start by lying straight on your stomach.
- Place the elbows under the shoulders & lift your body to bring it to parallel to the floor.
- Hold it for 1 minute and gradually increase the duration.
4. Fire Hydrants
Another very effective exercise that helps in burning fat fast is Fire Hydrants. It targets glutes as well as the hip region.
To do this exercise:
- Keep your hands and knees on the floor with your palms down. Your knees must be at hip-width.
- Engage your muscles, lift the right knee, and rotate it to the side and then upward. Make sure your knee is bent all the time.
- Hold the position on the top for a few seconds, and then, slowly, bring the leg down.
- Do 10-repetitions on either side.
This exercise helps in reducing fat from the lower part of the body by working the muscles of thighs, glutes, and hips. You would need a small knee-height bench, or you can also use your staircase.
While step-ups are an excellent exercise form, it might not be enough for your fat burning needs. To fasten this process, you can invest in the most effective fat burners on the market. These fat burners help breakdown that unwanted blubber at a faster rate.
To do this exercise:
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart. To enhance the difficulty level, you can take dumbbells in both hands.
- Step up on the staircase with the right foot and bring the left knee up.
- Now, lower down your left leg and step down.
- Perform 15reps with one leg and then switch to another leg.
6. Chair Dips
Chair Dips is a good exercise to tone the flabby arms and back muscles. For this exercise, you would need a chair or bed, which is at least two feet above the grand.
To do chair dips:
- Start by standing with your back facing the furniture. Place the hands on it with your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Take 2 to 3 steps in the front to move away from the bed or chair and straighten your upper body.
- Now, bend the knees and elbows to take your body closer to the ground. Stop when you touch the floor.
- Now go back to the starting position.
- Do 20 repetitions.
If fat loss is in your mind, you must do push-ups. It tones your arms and gives a strong core.
To do a push up:
- Lie down on the stomach on the floor. Keep the legs straight.
- Keep the palms at chest level. Your arms should bend at 45-degrees.
- Push your hands as well as heels and pull the chest torso and thighs off the floor. Exhale while you do so.
- Keeping your core engaged, hold on for a few seconds.
- Slowly go back to the starting position. Inhale while you go down.
8. Side-lying Leg Raise
This exercise helps in losing fat from around the hip area and strengthens and tones hip muscles.
To do side-lying leg raise:
- Lie on your right side.
- Slowly raise the left leg as high as possible. The toes must point forward.
- Hold the position for a second and bring back to the starting position.
- Do 10-repetitions on each side.
9. Leg Lifts
Leg lifts or leg raise is one of the best exercises to lose belly fat. It helps in toning the lower abdomen.
To do leg raise:
- Lie on the floor on the back. Your arms should be on sides with palms facing the floor.
- Engage your core muscles, lift your hips and legs. Your legs should be straight.
- Do 10-15 repetitions.
10. Stair climbing
Climbing stairs is the best cardiovascular exercise and the quickest and easiest way to burn fat. It also helps in tightening and toning glutes.
All you need to do to run up and down the stairs. Do it for 5 minutes regularly.
These exercises are easy to perform and very effective. The best thing is that you can easily do these exercises at home.
Luke is mad about cycling, running, and swimming ever since he was a young boy. He writes fantastic articles discussing topics like Fitness, Health, and Sports.